The clients wanted to
update their home with an Asian and Craftsman aesthetic, honoring the
past with family heirlooms and antiques, and looking to the future with
green and universal design. Some of the universal design features
* An exterior ramp discretely integrated for universal access.
* An elevator providing full access to both floors.
* Wider doors and smooth flooring transitions.
* Curbless, roll-in showers, "adult height" toilets and roll-under
* An adjustable height vanity counter and two ADA "comfort" height
* Window coverings that open with touch wall switches.
All these features are set in a design of simple, clean lines with rich
colors and textures, making this a functional, comfortable and inviting